Monday, October 24, 2011

Friday, 10-21-11

by James Walton


      If in one word I could sum up what was in today's news this morning it would be chaos. Between what happened in Zanesville, Ohio this week and Gadhafi being killed in Libya I can't tell which situation is more crazy.
    After Mr. Hostert, my geography teacher, showed us news clips online about these incidents, we went over our geography answers for the day: 49ers and Hawaii. Then we went over our tests on Canada and learned more about Mexico.
      Nothing new to talk about for Algebra 1, unless someone wanted to hear about the game of ninja some of us played after our assignments were done.
    On to earth science, Mr. Corkle was gone :( so we had Mrs. Schneider as a substitute teacher. We worked on packets (the third page was really confusing).
    In English we to vocabulary tests and worked on sentence structure. Our vocabulary words for the week were: bedraggled, behoove, euphemism, evanescent, exacerbate, exemplary, opaque, opulent, ornate, and sequester. We learned about simple sentences, independent clauses, subjects, and predicates.
    During band we watched the video of our performance at the football game the night before. The songs we played were: Hard Rock Blues, We Will Rock You, and Let It Rock.
    Study Hall was the same as always, everybody doing whatever they needed to do, right before the period ended I sent the iPod with a friend to get pictures of the lunch because I had book club. At book club we had pizza (sausage and supreme) and talked about The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. When I saw the pictures after lunch I realized how glad I was to have pizza at book club the tomato soup looked pale and tasteless and the cheese in the sandwiches looked like rubber. During reading class we split into groups to talk about the book we had read; I had read both but had talked about American Born Chinese last week so this week I chose to talk about MAUS. After that we could either read our new book or work on our shelf and rate books we had read on Shelfari, I started working by rate both the books I had just read and then began to add books to my shelf.
    In technology class we began with Mrs. Morrow, the teacher, showing us a TED talk called: Marco Tempest: The Magic of Truth and Lies (and iPods). Then we began working our personal brand (iAM) videos.
    During P.E we played jail-ball in the wrestling room 7th grade vs. 8th grade both teams won one game and then we had one long one that we never finished.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment